I’m Zoey and today I will show you another panel I made using cardboard/shipping box.
But before getting into how I made my project, let me quickly remind you few things! First of all, don’t forget to check out our monthly archive; we already are in December, so if you missed some posts from November find them here in our archive! Secondly, we have a HUGE Christmas sale on right now at IndigoBlu so I definitely encourage you to check out the sale section here!
Now time to “explore” the project I created for today’s post!
I used cardboard from a shipping box I had, I cut a long shape and I covered it up with Gesso. I cut the mixed media paper pad in small pieces and I adhered the pieces to the background using gesso. I set aside to dry, meanwhile, I cut other small pieces of cardboard and did the same thing, this time I used pages from a book.
With a spatula I applied the modeling paste over the brand new stencils from Indigoblu, I absolute love these leaves! There are several designs and all of them are awesome! I also added on the small pieces the Roman Numbers using another brand new stencil. Then I set everything aside to dry again.
I then used my fingers — yes I know, not many people enjoy painting with fingers, but trust me, it is awesome! — to paint the background. I mixed few Indigoblu English Cottage Artist’s Acrylic Paint and while still wet, with a baby wipe I removed the excess of color. I was going for a very grunge look!
The stars are hand cut from a piece of clear packaging, I covered it with frosty paper and I colored it using Metallic Gold. The sentiment is hand stamped over book pages.
Once I was satisfied with the look, I assembled everything together!
What do you think of it? I really like the outcome!
Do you use cardboard in your projects? Have tried to paint with your fingers? Let us know in the comments!
Have a great weekend and don’t forget to head over our store to check out our SALE!
Stay happy stay creative…till next time!
Products I used :
- Indigoblu Christmas Compendium – Mixed Media Paper Pad 6×6
- Indigoblu English Cottage Artist’s Acrylic Paint : Frosty Sky
- Indigoblu English Cottage Artist’s Acrylic Paint : Peppermint Tea
- Indigoblu English Cottage Artist’s Acrylic Paint : Metallic Copper
- Indigoblu English Cottage Artist’s Acrylic Paint : Metallic Sleeping Beauty
- Indigoblu English Cottage Artist’s Acrylic Paint : Metallic Gold
- StazOn Midi Ink : Jet Black
- Creativ Pigment Modeling Paste
- Indigoblu Stencil – Laurel Leaves
- Indigoblu Stencil – Roman Numerals
- Indigoblu Tasty Textures A5 Stamp Set