Winter Blizzard

Hiya there my lovelies!

Georgie here, with my first blog post for IndigoBlu – how exciting!! 🙂

The theme this month is ‘Winter’ and I’m finishing up this theme with a canvas board card. The reason for the name of the card is because of the gorgeous snowstorm effect of colour for the background.

Blizzard Card

This was a pure play of paint and colour, (heaven, right?) letting the paints blend, heaps of splattering and various levels of dilution all help to create this most amazing effect. The colours I used from the IndigoBlu English Cottage Acrylic Paint range was Pantry White, Frosty Sky, Pink Iced Gem, Townhouse Teal, Wimberry Pie and Cinderella.

IMG_3865-1

However before starting with all that I used some gorgeous new stamps, which have just been released – Laurel Leaves – and embossed with UTEE so that I would have a resist effect coming in around the border.

IMG_3873-1

Now, I love depth in my mixed media cards so some chippies were used, to build up the piece. The hearts were randomly coated in FlitterGlu and using the Winter Dawn Mega Flakes to add some soft silver to my layers. This was also reflect in some subtle stamping with the Stitched Curls stamps to add a ‘flurry’ feel to the piece.

Thanks so much for joining me today!

Georgie xx

Tags: , , , , ,
Posted in Design Team 2015 - 2016, Mixed Media

7 Comments on Winter Blizzard

1. LOVE it Georgie!!! What a clever way of using the Laurel Leaves too x

Jenny Marples | November 30, 2015 at 12:39 pm () (Reply)
  2. Beautiful! So wintery and I love the laurel leaves stamp!

marci piraro | November 30, 2015 at 3:10 pm () (Reply)
  3. Stunning Georgie, such beautiful effects, love the gorgeous wintry feel of this!!

Astrid | November 30, 2015 at 7:38 pm () (Reply)
  4. What a great mix of colours in the background, they go together so beautifully and I just love those gorgeous layered snowflakes! Anne xx

Anne R | November 30, 2015 at 10:55 pm () (Reply)
  5. Gorgeous wintery fun! I love the colors and awesome dimension, beautiful!~kim

kim | December 1, 2015 at 1:15 am () (Reply)
  6. How gorgeous – that background is divine!
    Alison x

butterfly | December 1, 2015 at 9:07 pm () (Reply)
  7. Just a beautiful blend and splattering of gorgeous wintry colors for your background! I love the embossing with UTEE, and that Laurel Leaves stamp is on my wish list! Gorgeousness, Georgie!

Sara Emily Barker | December 9, 2015 at 11:20 am () (Reply)