Kroma Crackle…..

Brrrrrr, oh how cold is it out there? ….think I need to be in a lovely warm house, dog at my side, hot chocolate in hand and time to craft….
Today, I am going to tell you about Kroma Crackle..or…Korma crackle as the lovely Steph at IndigoBlu calls it…..
I even found myself at my Wednesday workshop telling the crafters about Korma crackle…..oh the name has stuck in my head……
This is a clear gel that can be coloured before or after application, thus meaning that one tube can have a variety of uses….it dries to give a cracked effect and the size of the cracks is dependent on the thickness of the gel….
By experimenting with different colour combinations and layers such effects as parched desert, weathered paint, aged leather and dinosaur skin can be made.
When used straight from the tube the Kroma crackle dries white…
This is a Small Icon from IndigoBlu, I applied a thin coat of Gesso, then acrylic paint and then randomly stamped some of my favourite stamps…..including the Honeycomb background and images from Mr Darcy set….
I splodged the Kroma Crackle on with my finger and left it to dry overnight.
This is a close up ……if I wanted I could change the colour with paint but I rather like it left white…
A light coat of Slap It On was then applied to seal the surface.
Kroma crackle is suitable for a wide range of craft and fine art applications and can be applied to many surfaces, both flexible and rigid, including paper, metal, fabric and wood.
I am so excited about this product and have so many ideas ….do call back to see what else I have made….oh and check out the rest of the Design Team….they have made some fab projects….if you haven’t had a play…..do buy some…..and have a go…
I’m off now lots to do before the weekend …..when I will be joining in with fellow crafters at the IndigoBlu Secret Retreat….
Will you be there?….if so, I look forward to meeting you…..if not ….shame ….as we are going to have …..Such Fun!!
Will share photos soon.
Crafty Hugs, Jo. X
Posted in Uncategorized

16 Comments on Kroma Crackle…..

1. Love it! It looks so tactile x

Louise Hall | March 11, 2013 at 10:37 pm () ()
    • Thanks Louise, it is always great to read comments and yes the Kroma just has to be touched….hugs. X

jo.rice | March 12, 2013 at 8:55 am () ()
  2. Gorgeous icon Jo – I love the colours and that crackle gives a stunning effect. Pat x

nannapat | March 11, 2013 at 10:41 pm () ()
    • Thank you so much, I am out of my comfort zone with this type of craft but I really enjoyed making it…Jo. X

jo.rice | March 12, 2013 at 8:54 am () ()
  3. I love this new Kroma Crackle, it’s different everytime you use it. Your mini icon looks fab, and I see you’ve used my favourite stamp from the Mr Darcy set – the lady with the birdcage is just gorgeous!
    So looking forward to the retreat, it’s just a shame we won’t be there on the same days. I’ll see you Friday though. Safe journey up there. x

Linda W | March 11, 2013 at 11:17 pm () ()
    • Hi Linda, yes, I love the Kroma too and so looking forward to the retreat and catching up with you on Friday…have a good flight and see you soon. Hugs. X

jo.rice | March 12, 2013 at 8:53 am () ()
  4. Great post Jo. Love what you do with the “Korma”. Was wondering what colour acrylic paints would produce the best alligator/dinosaur skins? Looking to see if it can be applied to one of those wooden animal kits.

Neil M | March 12, 2013 at 9:16 am () ()
    • Hi Neil, good to hear from you…I suppose it depends on the colour of the creature…may be a brown/grey base then a blue/green over the top…the contrast looks good with the cracks…catch up soon. Tink. X

jo.rice | March 12, 2013 at 11:25 am () ()
  5. Hi Jo, my you are really getting your grunge on, such fun. I love this project Jo everything about it. I too like theis. Kroma left white, I have a few ideas and really fancy a play with this. Carry on Crafting, Sam xx

Sam Crowe | March 12, 2013 at 10:55 am () ()
    • Thanks Sam, I have learnt a lot from you….and yes such Fun…Thanks for leaving a comment….hugs. X

jo.rice | March 12, 2013 at 11:23 am () ()
  6. Fabulous effects!
    Alison x

butterfly | March 13, 2013 at 8:54 am () ()
    • Thanks Alison, there is so much more that can be done, I am just starting to play…..thanks for commenting…Jo. X

jo.rice | March 13, 2013 at 9:23 am () ()
  7. Thank you for b friending a lost crafter this weekend the retreat was amazing and the new products well wow. keep in touch

Alison Waldron from the retreat | March 17, 2013 at 9:42 pm () ()
    • Hi Alison, it was so good to meet you, glad you enjoyed the Retreat….I did…looking forward to the next one already…..and yes…We Must keep in touch ….Hugs….Jo. X

jo.rice | March 18, 2013 at 8:35 am () ()
  8. This is gorgeous – I really MUST get experimenting with all the ‘stuff’ I have bought from Indigo-Blu. Am very impressed that when I had a question you called me, great customer service and I will definitely be buying more goodies. Am going now to try my very first go – the mannequin kit….. Please wish me luck and success.

clare pomfrett | April 22, 2013 at 12:19 pm () ()
    • Good to hear your positive feedback Clare…and glad that you like our products…look forward to hearing how you enjoy decorating your mannequin…Jo. X

jo.rice | April 22, 2013 at 1:59 pm () ()