Sewing Box

Good evening fellow crafter, hope your week is going well. Today, I am going to share something different with you, not a card but a box! This is my first play with this type of technique, so please be gentle with me… But it is good to try new things ….So I believe.. This is my finished sewing box,

This is the inside,

And this is the front,

A base layer of Gesso and then acrylic paint is applied to the wooden box to start with. Then I stamping onto white Tissue paper. I used a variety of colours of VersaFine ink and the Sewing Mends The Soul stamps.

I then cut these out, and yes there were a few of them …but I did have my cup of coffee at hand and my Labrador Tess at my feet.

I then used Slap it On , which I painted on to the box, carefully placed an image on and then re applied a layer of Slap it On.

A final layer of of the Slap it On was applied over the whole box, this took about an hour to dry and has a Matt finish. I do hope you like this, I really enjoyed making it and I am now looking around to see what I can cover next.

Thanks for looking and call back soon, Jo. X

Posted in Uncategorized

11 Comments on Sewing Box

1. Fabulous project. Who makes Slap it on ? I use decoupatch varnish or Matte gel medium by Liquitex.

Diane | November 1, 2012 at 4:46 pm () ()
  2. Hi Diane, thanks for your comment, Slap It On is made by IndigoBlu and if you click on it where highlighted it will take you straight to it . Hope this helps. X

jo.rice | November 1, 2012 at 5:55 pm () ()
  3. WoW! This is fabulous!! I actually have an old wooden sewing box my father-in-law made me years ago. It is just plain wood and this idea would be perfect for someone like me who is becoming very interested in trying to ‘alter’ things. This is now bookmarked. Thank you :0)

twinkletoes2day | November 1, 2012 at 6:09 pm () ()
  4. Great technique and a lovely box!

suzanne bouchard | November 1, 2012 at 9:59 pm () ()
  5. Super technique – will try it out. Box looks fab! Nicola

Paper Profusion | November 1, 2012 at 11:22 pm () ()
  6. A fabulous creation, absolutely love it, would never had guessed it was the first time you had used this technique

Jane Stillman | November 2, 2012 at 8:48 am () ()
  7. What stunning sewing box l have a sewing friend whowould love this , that be good christmas present for her if l made one. x

christina smith | November 2, 2012 at 3:38 pm () ()
  8. love the box i have been doing similar things and just love the fussy cutting technique as i have been on a claire charvill workshop she has some wonderful ideas and now she is part of your team we shall see some more of her work

maria winspear | November 3, 2012 at 10:27 am () ()
  9. what a fabulous box and it’s useful too. brilliant work Jo – love it

Heidi Watts | November 4, 2012 at 12:27 pm () ()
  10. Thanks for the brilliant inspiration have just finished a box for my daughter and I’m thrilled with it!!

Linda Mc | November 25, 2012 at 12:48 pm () ()
    • So glad you enjoyed decorating your box…x

jo.rice | November 25, 2012 at 2:38 pm () ()